Collecting Personal Information
- Purpose of collection:to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection:Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags.
- Personal Information collected:version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection:We use the information you provide to us for the specific purposes for which you provided it, as described at the time of collection, and for other purposes permitted by law. The information we collect from you is used to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection:We collect information from you when you visit our website, register on our website, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, or respond to our surveys. However, if you wish, you can also visit our site anonymously.
- Personal Information collected:We will only collect and use the personal information strictly necessary to comply with our legal obligations, help us manage our business and provide you with the services you request. The personal information collected is as follows: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number.
How do we obtain your consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, place an order, check your credit card, arrange for delivery or return a purchase, it means that you consent to our collection and use of that information for that purpose only.
If we ask you for your personal information for a secondary purpose, such as marketing, we will ask you directly for your explicit consent or give you the opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If you change your mind after registering, you may withdraw your consent to our contacting you for the ongoing collection, use or disclosure of your information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing us at: CSP 26015-2595 Rue de Salaberry, Montreal, QC, Canada, H3M 3E8.
The Site is not intended for minors by using it(this Site), you declare that you are at least the age of majority in your province or state or your country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your province or state or country of residence and you have given your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this Site.
Sharing Personal Information
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored on Shopify through their data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. It (Shopify) stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
To complete your purchase, if you choose a direct payment gateway, Shopify stores your credit card data. They are encrypted using the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as necessary to complete your purchase transaction. Once this is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS, managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands such as American Express, Discover, MasterCard Visa. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
We may share your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In general, third-party services providers we use only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to perform the services they provide to us. However, some third-party services providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies regarding the information we must provide to them for your purchase transactions. We recommend that you review their privacy policies to understand how your personal information will be handled by these third-party services providers.
Please keep in mind that some third-party services providers may be located or have facilities located in a different jurisdiction than you or us. By choosing to conduct a transaction involving the services of a third-party service provider, you acknowledge that your information may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Links to other websites
When you click on links on our store that take you off our web site and redirect you to a third-party services provider’s web site, we advise you to review their privacy policies as we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use Shopify Audiences to help us show ads on other websites with our advertising partners to buyers who made purchases with other Shopify merchants and who may also be interested in what we have to offer. We also share information about your use of the Site, your purchases, and the email address associated with your purchases with Shopify Audiences, through which other Shopify merchants may make offers you may be interested in.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Moreover, you may, however, opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance's opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We [DO/DO NOT] engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
We use two types of cookies: session and persistent. Session cookies track usage during an active session and are automatically deleted at the end of the session, while persistent cookies remain on a computer or device and can be deleted manually or automatically at their expiration date.
You always have the option to control and manage cookies on your devices, but in doing so you should keep in mind that it may negatively affect your user experience and you may have limited access to my site. If you want to know how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies, go to the help section of your browser or visit such sites as: https://allaboutcookies.org/.
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below: 26015-2595 Rue de Salaberry, Montreal QC H3M 3E8, Canada.
Last updated: [February 2023]